Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Product Review - Juicer

I'm really into juicing.  I tried a juice fast after watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead by Joe Cross on Amazon Prime.  Even though the first couple of days were really hard, I loved the energy that drinking a ton of fruit and vegetables gave me.  You can read about my first week in my blog post, "Week 1 Of The Juice Fast".  I didn't have a juicer when I did my fast and I didn't have money to buy a juicer.  Plus, I didn't want to spend money on a juicer when I wasn't sure I would like juicing.  The way I made my juice was to blend everything really well in my Vitamix blender with a cup or so of water and then to strain the results through a strainer for hours until it stopped dripping.  If I needed the juice right away, I would put the results into a new knee-hi tight and squeeze the juice out of it for about 15 minutes.  These methods served my purposes, but I lost a lot of good juice as they were not very effective and they were really time consuming.  They were a total pain.  I started yearning for a juicer, but still couldn't pay for one.  Luckily, a friend from church found out about my diet and happened to have a Huron Juicer she let me borrow.  I was really grateful, because I had been researching juicers and was overwhelmed.  I had no idea what brand of juicer to buy when I eventually got the money.  They are expensive and I didn't want to get a lousy one.  Well, I loved using her juicer!  Even though there may be better juicers out there (or maybe not, I don't know), I decided to buy the exact same juicer.  I am thrilled with it!  It does have to be hand washed, but if I do it right away, doesn't take up that much time.  It also does let some small pieces of spinach and pulp through so I do strain it before drinking it, but the straining process takes only a few minutes compared to the several hours I had to do when I was just using my blender.  I love my juicer!  I would definitely buy it again and I do recommend it.  It is well worth the money and does a great job.  


No comments:

Post a Comment