Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Meals They Will Eat

I am often working hard in the kitchen to make something delicious and new, but am disappointed each night when the kids won't eat what I've made and we end up throwing a lot of food away.  It breaks my back, my heart, and my wallet.  Plus, at least 3 of our kids are very sensitive to hunger.  They don't really recognize and verbalize that they are hungry, but they really act out if they haven't eaten properly.  Also, with the kids being on ADHD medication that makes them not have an appetite, I have to get them to eat whenever I can so they don't lose too much weight.  Otherwise they will have to take a "pill holiday" until they gain weight and a "pill holiday" for them would be a nightmare for the rest of the house.  This week I am trying to keep it simple with my meals and I'm going for having 7 days of successful eating.

Day 1:  Hamburgers and Fries (all homemade) - total success!  All kids ate it and it was easy, and it was inexpensive.




Even Achilles wanted some.  





                                                   Ahhh....He found someone to share with!










Day 2:  Chicken Strips (homemade), carrots, oranges, and mashed potatoes.  All loved it.  All ate it!  Even better - I found out you can freeze mashed potatoes so they were made in advance and all I had to do was thaw them, heat them, and add a bit of instant to them to thicken them up.  I skipped eating  the potatoes and just had strips on a salad






Max was "helping" me cook




I have plans for the next 4 days so far.  The only problem I forsee is Abby not liking taco night, but everyone else loves the next four meals.

Day 3:  Tacos
Day 4:  Polynesian Pork in the crockpot
Day 5:  Homemade Pizzas (pepperoni and Canadian bacon)
Day 6:  Bacon, Eggs, and Rice  (Abby will tell me that she prefers there to be no eggs, but leaving out the eggs would make it be more expensive because I would have to add more bacon and she will eat it either way sooooooo - too bad, Abby.)

If I could get to 10 meals and eventually 30 meals that the whole family likes, I feel like I would be set.  It does seem that they really like me making traditional fast food items.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I'll let you know how it goes!













No comments:

Post a Comment