Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Update on meals etc.

Just a quick update on our meals.  I am on a new diet and not eating with the rest of the family so I'm not as invested in dinner as I used to be.  Mostly I'm feeding the family stuff from the freezer that I've had prepared for a long time, but didn't want to eat.  Tonight they had homemade pizzas though to use up the pepperoni in my meat drawer and the mozzarella cheese from the freezer.  They loved them.  Sarah can't eat pizza.  It's one of the foods on her long list of foods that make her stomach hurt.  She is warming up some grilled chicken breasts that I keep for her in the fridge.  Last night I prepared spaghetti and meatballs which is something they usually love, but they didn't eat it.  As I reflected on the meal, I realized that Sarah ate chicken breasts at 3 or 4 pm and wasn't hungry.  Leo ate 2 hotdogs at 3 pm and wasn't hungry.  Abby said she wasn't hungry but came home from an activity at church where she had a brownie and proceeded to make 2 grilled cheese sandwiches and then eat a cupcake as well.  This was all after 9 pm.  Tripp said he wasn't hungry at supper time but then cried at 9 pm that he was starving.  I hate it when I make a meal only to be wasted as everyone else eats their own meals!  Suddenly I'm seeing an easy way to cut our grocery bill in 1/2.  I am going to be trying (again) to watch what and when the kids are eating.  No more meals on their own!  

This is Leo deciding to drink the dog's water with a straw.  I stopped him before he actually did it.  Gross!  We keep it on the table when Max is on the floor as he likes to take impromptu baths in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment